The Groom has been chosen and the date has been set, it’s time to start looking for a dress! Always be sure to start your search early, as some designer gowns can take 6-8 months to come in! Here are some tips to help you along the way!
- Browse the internet and magazines before making an appointment. Know what type of dress appeals to you- but don’t rule out all the others! Just because you always imagined one style, doesn’t mean you won’t look great in another!
- Research Dress Shops and schedule appointments. Make sure the shops you are going to have a variety of styles/designers and also offer different sizes in the store to try on. When scheduling appointments, the earlier- the better! You definitely want the Bridal Store Staff who is just arriving that hasn’t dealt with a million Bridal concerns already for that day.
- Pay attention to detail. Yes a long, beautifully beaded train is TO DIE FOR- but keep in mind that the majority of your wedding photos will be of the top of your dress and this is also what most guests notice first. Make sure to have some detail on your waist or bust of the dress to differentiate your style from others.
- Trends are great, but keep in mind that they are trends and may eventually go out of style. Don’t choose your dress based on what is currently trending, especially if your wedding is a year plus out, chances are what is “hip” now, will completely change by the following year.
- Try on as many as you feel necessary, have fun with it! This is a once in a lifetime thing. Try on all styles and designs until you find what works best for you! Whether its 2 dresses or 22 dresses… feel comfortable, feel pretty, and fall in love with it before saying yes to that dress.