With social media, documenting weddings with hashtags isn’t the only way to show off your special day. Snapchat has now become one of the most popular social media applications and you can bet that someone at your wedding events will take a picture or a video to share with their friends.
Snapchat’s official site now lets you submit a customized filter for an event. And you don’t have to be a designer to create one! Here are the steps and information to create a filter for your wedding, bridal shower, bachelorette party, and all other events that relate to your special day.
1. Head to https://geofilters.snapchat.com. If you are technology and graphic design savvy, you can download a template and create your own design. (You can also buy some templates from shops online like Etsy.) If you aren’t as good with computers or want a quick design, click create online.
2. Click on the event of your choice that you wish to celebrate. Here, we would click “Weddings”.
3. This is where the fun begins! Here is an example of the template that will come up. As you can see, on the right there is a color palette where you can ensure your filter matches your wedding. You can also have fun by adding the fiancé’s and your Bitmojis in wedding attire.
4. Have fun! Pick on different filters and play with the colors. Here are some examples of what you will find and some of the different color schemes Snapchat offers.
When you find which one is the one, click “next.”
5. Pick the date of the event and what hours you want the filter active. Here, we selected 5:00 PM on a Friday to Midnight. The longer the hours, the more the filter will cost.
5. Click next and here you will select your location. Type in your venue in the search bar. Here, the sample is “The Ashford Estate.” Click on “Draw Fence” and choose where you want your filter to show up. For example, you can have the filter cover the entire venue to include the chapel, estate and the ballroom. Or you can just select the ballroom. The larger the fence, the more the price increases. As you can see, this one is just over $21.00. The ballroom alone would be much lower. Play with your day, time and location outline until you are satisfied with the price.
6. After clicking “next,” you’ll receive a final summary and detail page before you pay and submit.
We hope this helped you in planning an above-and-beyond aspect of your wedding. If you have any questions, leave them in the comments below and we will try to help as best as we can.
Remember, eat, drink and be Merri.
*All images and screenshots from Snapchat’s official site. No copyright infringement intended.